At St. Carmel School, the students and staff take pride in the maxim ‘Learning by Doing’ at study or play. We believe in working in a systematic and disciplined manner, respecting each other’s feeling & religious beliefs.
At the same time, we firmly believe in being helpful and courteous to everyone. The School is equally committed to the less-privileged segments such as gifted children with high potential but facing financial problems.
St. Carmel School facilitates it’s students to experience new ways of learning, thinking and putting theory into practice.
St. Carmel School uses Technology Integrated Teaching in the form of Educomp Smart Class, which has rapidly transformed the way teachers teach and students learn with the help of innovative and meaningful use of technology. The use of Smart Classes has numerous benefits, a few of which are highlighted below:
- Smart Class brings in technology right next to the blackboard for teachers in the classrooms.
- Students learn difficult and abstract curriculum concepts watching highly engaging visuals and animations.
- This makes learning an enjoyable experience for students while improving their overall academic performance.
- The program also helps the teachers in keeping the students engaged in the learning process.
The school has a fine reputation for excellence in all spheres spanning from academics to extra-curricular activities and sports.
Whilst high academic achievement is a priority, the School aims to create a ‘Community of Creative Individuals’, where a spirit of co-operation and mutual respect exists amongst the students and teachers.
Our philosophy of teaching revolves around giving the children the freedom to discover their world through play and creativity. Individual and Group activities build cognitive and social skills required to develop linguistic, fine and gross motor ability. Teaching and learning has been strengthened by visiting and learning outside the four walls of the classroom. Visits and Tours are arranged at convenient times.
The school lays huge emphasis on Spoken English. In order to promote Reading, a programme is initiated in St. Carmel School, under which it will be compulsory for your child to read one book in each Formative Assessment, that is, the child will be reading 4 books in a year. The record of these books should be maintained in their English-I notebooks along with the summary, author name and title of each book. For the Kindergarten students, Activity books and Worksheets have been designed by St. Carmel School to make the learning process interesting and playful for the tiny tots.
Students at St. Carmel School are moulded to
- Adhere to Truth, Love, Justice and Duty;
- Excel in Studies;
- Participate in Activities;
- Challenge Ideas;
- Express their Opinions Confidently;
- Contribute to Discussions;
- Manage Time Well;
- Be Organized and Responsible for their Learning;
- Become Team Leaders;
- Improve their Communication Skills;
- Protect their Environment;
- Help the Needy;
- Most Importantly, Become Good Citizens.
Inorder to make the process of teaching and learning non-monotonous, St. Carmel School emphasizes on student involvement in a span of extra-curricular activities through a number of Clubs active in the School such as Dance Club, Eco Club, Creative Writing Club, Editorial Club, Art & Craft Club, Public Speaking Club, Dramatics Club and many more. Every child deserves the best possible support in life to fulfill his potential. St. Carmel School provides the following state-of-the-art facilities for the overall development of its students:
- Educomp Smart Classes
- Spoken English Classes
- Day Boarding Facility
- Transport Facility
- R.O. Filtered Drinking Water
- Colorful Kindergarten with soft toys, puzzles, playway method of learning names as ‘CARNATION BLOCK’
- Modern & innovative teaching aids
- Personal attention to each child.
- Spacious classrooms
- Large open playgrounds of 2 acres
- Football & Basketball courts
- Badminton & Tennis equipments
- Attractive swings, slides & monkey bars
- Pollution free, healthy environment
- Technology integrated studies
- Computer laboratory
- Well equiped physics, biology & chemistry labs
- Mathematics laboratory
- Well stocked library
- Music & Dance rooms
- Art & Craft coaching
- Effective parent orientation
- Counselling session for weak as well as bright students